My Little Smash Bros.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
My Little Smash Bros.

A place where bronies can gather and beat the crap out of each other in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, all while loving and tolerating!

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tournament Rules [PLEASE READ]

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tournament Rules [PLEASE READ] Empty Tournament Rules [PLEASE READ] Sat Jan 05, 2013 12:01 am

RamboZelda

RamboZelda
Admin

Welcome, everypony, to Tournament Mode! A new tournament will begin the first Monday of every month, so be sure to come to this thread at that time if you want to participate! Below, I will explain how the tournaments will work and the guidelines that should be followed.

How to Participate
1) I will open a new thread for a tournament at noon (EST) on the first Monday of the month. In that thread, post your user name and your Brawl friend code (hint: it'll make things a lot easier if you put your friend code in your signature). You have until Wednesday at noon to do this. I will make a post saying that submissions are closed, no exceptions. If I'm late on making that post for whatever reason, lucky you!
2) After submissions are closed, I'll match everypony up with a random opponent within 24 hours. I'll post a picture of a bracket that will show who you will be fighting. Use personal messaging to contact your opponent and set up a time to meet online. Pease don't use the thread to do that!
3) Once your battle is complete, come back to this thread and post the results. BOTH participants must post the results, NOT just one.
4) The next round will start once every battle in the current round is complete. So please complete your battle in a timely manner, out of respect for everyone else. If it takes more than a week to do one battle, then I'll have to step in and start disqualifying people. And I really don't want to do that. One a round is finished, I'll post a picture of a new bracket so you know who your next opponent is.

Battle Rules
1) Opponents will play up to three matches, best two out of three. Once a player wins, that's it. No rematches unless I authorize it.
2) Battles will be three stock, unlimited time, and no items whatsoever. Especially no Smash Balls!
3) Final Destination or Battlefield are the only valid stages that can be played on, for the sake of neutrality. The last thing we need is somepony getting upset because Dialga used Roar of Time on you.
4) Sudden Deaths are permitted to finish a match.

Code of Conduct
I don't think this will be an issue, but it needs to be addressed. Obviously there's a level of maturity that needs to be adhered to. General love and toleration needs to be exercised when communicating with one another. If there's an issue with the battle, then pm me and we'll get it figured out. If a user is being a troll during a battle, then that user needs to be reported. Move spamming, hacking, and running from an opponent are all prohibited. If you're purposely doing these things, I'll disqualify you. And if it continues, then I'll ban you from tournaments altogether.

I think this covers just about everything! If you have any questions, then post them in this thread.

https://mylittlesmashbros.forumotion.com

2Tournament Rules [PLEASE READ] Empty Re: Tournament Rules [PLEASE READ] Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:46 pm

Sparkster28

Sparkster28

Are we allowed to switch characters between matches?

https://www.youtube.com/sparkster28

3Tournament Rules [PLEASE READ] Empty Re: Tournament Rules [PLEASE READ] Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:49 pm

RamboZelda

RamboZelda
Admin

Absolutely! Changing characters in between matches can be a really good tactic!

https://mylittlesmashbros.forumotion.com

4Tournament Rules [PLEASE READ] Empty Re: Tournament Rules [PLEASE READ] Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:53 pm

Sparkster28

Sparkster28

Okay, thanks for telling me. Just asking because in some tournaments, you're not allowed to switch characters between matches.

https://www.youtube.com/sparkster28

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]